Marsy’s Law for Oklahoma NCVRW Events Schedule
Marsy’s Law for Oklahoma is excited to join organizations nationally and across the state to raise awareness for victims’ rights and services during National Crime Victims’ Rights Week (NCVRW), beginning April 8.
NCVRW is held every April to promote laws, policies, and programs to help victims of crime, as well as educate citizens about victimization and the effect it has on individuals, families, friends and the community.
Marsy’s Law for Oklahoma has daily events planned to commemorate the week:
Sunday, April 8
- Marsy’s Law for Oklahoma State Director Kim Moyer and crime victim and President of the Oklahoma Homicide Survivors Support Group Lauren Layman will join News9 political analyst Scott Mitchell for a Facebook Live event at 3:15 PM. Watch it on the MitchellTalks Facebook page or on the Marsy’s Law for Oklahoma Facebook Page.
Monday, April 9
- Coffee and Conversation at Kamp’s 1910 Café, 10 NE 10th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73104. From 8-10 a.m. patrons can talk with Marsy’s Law staff and volunteers about SQ 794.
- Candlelight vigil honoring crime victims at Canadian County Courthouse, 6 p.m., 303 N Choctaw Ave, El Reno, OK.
Wednesday, April 11
- The District Attorneys Council will commemorate NCVRW and honor crime victims during a 1:30 p.m. ceremony at the Oklahoma Judicial Center, 2100 N Lincoln Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73105. Marsy’s Law will be in attendance with supporters of SQ 794.
- What Were You Wearing?, hosted by Washington County District Attorney Kevin Buchanan in a public reception from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. The traveling exhibit will be at Price Tower, 501 S. Dewey in Bartlesville from April 6 – 29. More info available here.
Thursday, April 12
- Wear Purple Day! Show your support of National Crime Victims Rights Week and SQ 794 by wearing purple. At dusk, Oklahoma City landmarks, the Crystal Bridge at Myriad Gardens and the Skydance Bridge, will be lit purple!
- Stephens County District Attorney Jason Hicks will host an observance for crime victims at 11 a.m. in front of the courthouse, 101 S. 11th Street, Duncan, Oklahoma 73533.
Saturday, April 14
- YWCA Oklahoma City Fearless K raises awareness for sexual assault victims. Running events begin at 9 a.m. and will be held at the Stars & Stripes Park, Lakeshore & N. Portland Ave. Marsy’s Law will host a table at this event. More info available here.
Sunday, April 15
- Family Fun & Safety Festival at the Guthrie High School from 12-4 p.m. The event is held by the Guthrie Police Department and Logan County Coordinated Community Response Team in observance of NCVRW. Marsy’s Law will host a table at this event.