Status of Marsy's Law in Illinois
Marsy’s Law, also known as the Illinois Crime Victims’ Bill of Rights Amendment, was on the November 4, 2014, ballot as a legislatively-referred Constitutional Amendment, where it was overwhelmingly approved with 78% of the voters.
- To learn more about your rights in Illinois, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), Illinois Experienced 49,354 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 744 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 4,821 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 14,910 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 28,879 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16