Status of Marsy's Law in Michigan
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in November, 1988, with the support if 80% of the voters.
- To learn more about your rights in Michigan, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), Michigan Experienced 41,231 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 571 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 6,450 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 7,796 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 26,414 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16