Status of Marsy's Law in Mississippi
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in November, 1998. The Amendment was approved of by 93% of the voters.
- To learn more about your rights in Mississippi, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), Mississippi Experienced 8,254 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 259 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 1,203 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 2,294 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 4,498 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16