Status of Marsy's Law in New York
Currently, New York does not have a Victims’ Rights Amendment to its Constitution.
- To learn more about your rights in New York, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), New York Experienced 75,165 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 609 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 6,074 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 23,936 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 44,546 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16