Status of Marsy's Law in Oregon
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed and adopted by the voters in November, 1999.
- To learn more about your rights in Oregon, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), Oregon Experienced 10,468 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 99 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 1,593 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 2,146 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 6,630 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16