Status of Marsy's Law in Tennessee
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in November, 1998. The Amendment was passed by 89% of voters.
- To learn more about your rights in Tennessee, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), Tennessee Experienced 40,400 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 406 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 2,676 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 7,474 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 29,844 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16