Status of Marsy's Law in Texas
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in November, 1989, with the support of 73% of the voters.
- To learn more about your rights in Texas, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), Texas Experienced 113,227 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 1,316 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 12,250 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 31,934 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 67,727 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16
Resources in Texas
Texas Attorney General Victim Services
Texas Department Of Criminal Justice Victims Services
Texas Crime Victim Compensation Division
Aid To Victims Of Domestic Abuse
Texas Council On Family Violence
Texas Legal Services Center – VICARS For Crime Victims
Texas Association Against Sexual Assault
Parents Of Murdered Children – Houston Chapter
Parents Of Murdered Children – Heights Chapter