Status of Marsy's Law in Vermont
Currently, Vermont does not have a Victims’ Rights Amendment to its Constitution.
- To learn more about your rights in Vermont, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), Vermont Experienced 739 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 10 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 136 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 101 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 492 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16