Status of Marsy's Law in Virginia
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in November, 1996. The Amendment was passed by 84% of the voters.
- To learn more about your rights in Virginia, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), Virginia Experienced 16,399 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 383 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 2,340 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 4,441 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 9,235 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16