Status of Marsy's Law in West Virginia
Currently, West Virginia does not have a Victims’ Rights Amendment to its Constitution.
- To learn more about your rights in West Virginia, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), West Virginia Experienced 6,231 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 70 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 672 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 760 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 4,729 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16